Middle Susquehanna Regional Bike-Ped Plan
In collaboration with the Susquehanna Greenway Partnership, the SEDA-COG and Williamsport MPOs are developing a regional bike-ped plan for the counties along the Susquehanna River, namely Clinton, Columbia, Lycoming, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder and Union counties.
The Plan will:
Promote the regional bicycle and pedestrian network for its varied benefits: safety, health, mobility, environment and economy.
Identify “missing links” in our regional bicycle and pedestrian network where future projects would help interconnect communities, including linkages to transit.
Identify priority projects, actions, and initiatives to improve and promote use of the network.
Include tools and strategies for cost-effective local improvements to make walking and riding a bicycle safer and more convenient.
The planning process is also exploring how updates to these plan elements can be made efficiently.
Regional Advisory Committee
To develop the regional Bike-Ped Plan, SEDA-COG formed a Regional Advisory Committee. The Committee includes representatives from the seven counties, local municipalities, walking and bicycling clubs, and the SEDA-COG and Williamsport MPOs. Committee responsibilities include county-level data collection, assistance with public and stakeholder outreach and development of vision, goals, and a replicable update process. Committee members are listed HERE.
- Plan Development Overview
- Public Survey - for regional citizens to express their use and support of the bike/ped network
- Municipal Survey - for elected officials, planning commissioners, managers, and/or public works staff
- Interviews - with major employers, educational institutions, tourism venues, economic development offices, and human services and faith-based organizations. We have time for more; contact Michelle Brummer at 717-649-3165 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to share your views.
- Bicyclist and Pedestrian Open Houses - for clubs, groups, and individuals who know the network and have specific suggestions for its improvements and promotion
Schedule and Milestones
The Advisory Committee began its work on the plan in 2017. With consultant assistance, outreach, analysis, and plan development efforts will culminate in a draft plan document by January 2019. Interim reports and the draft plan and maps will be available here for review and comment.