Telecommunications and high-speed Internet access have joined access roads, water systems, and sewers as the infrastructure needed for industrial growth.
SEDA-COG's Infrastructure Development efforts are carried out in partnership with industrial development groups, communities, individual companies, and other appropriate entities. We provide a range of grantsmanship skills and technical assistance to match specific needs with state, federal, and other funding sources.
- Assist industrial development groups in identifying needed projects that may be appropriate for one or more infrastructure funding source.
- Assist with preliminary review of potential projects for site development grants or for community facility grants.
- Provide liaison between regional grant applicant and the funding agency.
- Assist with the preparation of pre-applications for the U.S. Economic Development Administration and project profiles for the Appalachian Regional Commission.
- Assist with the preparation of full grant applications upon authorization by the funding agency.
- Upon approval of a grant, assistance can be provided, by contract, in connection with the administration of the project.
- As an Affiliate Data Center for the Pennsylvania State Data Center, SEDA-COG can often provide demographic, employment, and socioeconomic data that may be needed in connection with the preparation of grant applications.
Industrial Infrastructure services are available in the following counties: