The Susquehanna Greenway Partnership (SGP) seeks an energetic and creative team player to join our Outreach and Communications Team. The AmeriCorps member will work closely with the Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator, assisting her with community outreach and engagement, strategic communications, and SGP volunteer program to raise awareness and inspire action for regional Susquehanna Greenway initiatives and events. This is a great opportunity to support the inner workings of a dynamic nonprofit and expand multiple professional competencies.
Location: Lewisburg, PA.
Dates of Service: August 28, 2017 – August 10, 2018.
Work Schedule: Typical work week Monday – Friday: 8:30 – 4:00. Some weekend events may be required.
As an AmeriCorps member you will gain:
* Bi-weekly living stipend totaling $12,800.00
* Educational award of $5,815.00 (upon completion of 1,700 hours of service.) to help pay for college, graduate school, or to repay student loans
* AmeriCorps health insurance
* Student loan deferment
* Resume boosting, real-life experience in a dynamic nonprofit
* Conference attendance and networking opportunities with industry professionals
* Professional development and in-service training
AmeriCorps is a real-life education and work experience wrapped into one. As a member, you will learn teamwork, leadership, responsibility and other essential skills that will help you for the rest of your life. And you will gain the personal satisfaction of taking on challenges and seeing results within the communities that you service.
Summary & Responsibilities
The Community Outreach and Communications Assistant will help drive SGP’s brand and message strategy through all channels. Key responsibilities include:
* Outreach: Work with Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator to assist in and implement outreach strategies that engage community groups and individuals of the Susquehanna Greenway. Represent the
Susquehanna Greenway at select community events.
* Event Management: Assist the Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator with planning and organizing community events including the Susquehanna Sojourn, Scenes & Sips opening night events, Photo Contest, and traveling gallery exhibits.
* Communications: Assist with media releases, website management, social media, and other yearly, strategic communications pieces for SGP. Work in partnership with the communications committee to implement strategies and tactics.
* Volunteer: Collaborate with Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator to design and implement SGP’s inaugural volunteer ambassador program. Manage volunteer tracking and communications.
* Administrative: Maintain a filing system for communications materials, update and enhance membership database, research and organize publications, track key performance metrics, and assist with other administrative duties.
201 Furnace Road * Lewisburg, PA 17837 * 570.522.7244
Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, english, or related major
* Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to manage multiple tasks, take initiative, deliver high quality work, and work independently
* At least 18 years of age, be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States
* Experience with photography, videography, social media campaigns, website programming, and/or graphic design a plus
* Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
* Some supervisory experience preferred
Submit resume and cover letter to Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator, Corey BeVier
(email@example.com). Susquehanna Greenway Partnership is an equal-opportunity employer.
Deadline to Apply
All applications should be submitted by 5:00 PM on August 11, 2017.
About the Susquehanna Greenway
The Susquehanna Greenway Partnership is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit. The Susquehanna Greenway Partnership is the leading champion for the Susquehanna Greenway, which is a network of land and water trails that runs along the Susquehanna River within Pennsylvania. Our mission is to envision, create, and sustain a greenway along the Susquehanna River, to highlight River Towns, and to enhance the lives of current and future generations. We work towards our mission through the implementation of our three program areas: Trails (both land and water), River Towns, and Education & Outreach.